Among numerous Bible commentaries and translations consulted,
several provided some help, especially with alternative renderings,
In addition, we have consulted Christadelphian writings --
both books and magazines -- wherever they referred to the Lamentations (which
was, unfortunately, not very often). We mention specifically those studies which
contribute something to the book as a whole:
- Keil and Delitzsch on Lamentations, by C.
- Anchor Bible (Lamentations), by
- "Speaker's Commentary"
(Lamentations), by R. Payne Smith
- Studies in
the Book of Lamentations, by Norman K.
- The Companion Bible, by E. W.
- Revised Standard Version
- New International Version
- Rotherham's Emphasized Bible
The words of the hymns pertaining to the "Desolation of
Israel" are taken from The Christadelphian Hymn Book of 1874.
- E. F. Higham, "The Lamentations of Jeremiah", a
series running in The Berean Christadelphian from September, 1953 (v ol.
41, no. 9, p. 270) through May, 1954 (v ol. 42, no. 5, p.
- John Lockyer, "The Book of Lamentations", 4
articles in The Christadelphian, Vol. 115 (July through October,
- Derek Brook, "The Lamentations of
Jeremiah", The Testimony, Vol. 32, no. 378 (June, 1962), p.202; no. 379
(July, 1962), p. 221.